Thursday, September 1, 2011

This was a busy week for students moving in. It took me back to the day when
I had to move-in to Kistler as a freshman. Cars lined up, people everywhere,
it was crazy, and being new I felt so out of place. As soon as we drove up,
BAM! Football players were right there ready to haul my things up to my room
(Thank God!). I had a refrigerator, T.V., clothes, bags, etc, and I lived on
the third floor. I remember how nice it was to have help and now it was our
turn to help the new comers. As soon as they pulled up we helped students
and their families carry their belongings from their car to their dorm room.
Of course, we had to compete with the football players who seemed to come
out of nowhere, but we were able to help as many as we could. Along with
helping them move their belongings, we set up an information table to inform
new freshman of what Campus Recreation had to offer. We had many people sign
up for our email list and we were able to interest them in checking out our
group exercise classes, intramural sports and all of the other things Campus Recreation has to offer.

See you around the Rec Center!
Kelly Dearing
Group Exercise Instructor
Movement Science Major (less than a year until I graduate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment